Sunday, April 10, 2011

Content to Live Without It

How many more wrecked lives will invite me in for a closer look - lives lived within reach of tried and true solutions that, if embraced, could have eliminated the wreckage causing chaos?

Since it's what I do, how many more church people, Christian people,  will come my way that live way below the promises guaranteed them by God? Some of them have made bigger messes of it than those with no faith.

Before I puff up too much and overstate my case, I recognize that some things are beyond a person's abilities to control. So let me confine my rant to those things controllable and those who exercise no control. Why so much point and shoot at the feet? Why so much mental anguish when there could be creativity, self inflicted wounds where there should be health, serially bad decision making instead of much needed and easily accessed clarity, living below God's blessings and, for the serious but stale Christian,  living without a fresh sense of God's presence?

Because we are content to live without it.

The only solution I can see is a massive dose of discontent. Discontent - unwilling to settle until things change, I change, my attitude changes, I let God change me and I change my mind. No easy road. No small task. Nothing else suggests itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home